Monday, January 12, 2015

My First Foray into Steampunk Photography

A couple of days ago I was digging through some old pictures I had stored on my computer and came across a collection I'd forgotten about--my first steampunk photo shoot!
As near as I can tell, these were from sometime in early 2011. I had just discovered steampunk and was still learning (not just about the genre but about photography as well), so maybe they're not great. But I still think they're kind of fun, and wanted to share them.
Enjoy!


{My mom's pair of Victorian boots, my antique collection of Browning's poems, and a pocket watch left over from the jewelry story my dad used to own.}

{Mom's boots, Browning's Poems, an old pocket watch, and a rose left over from a wedding in which I was a bridesmaid.}

{One of my favorite necklaces, a book from my grandpa's library, a pair of my great-grandma's gloves, an old painting, and my mom's leather doctor bag.}

~*~*~*~
Hopefully I've made progress since then. Next week I'll post pictures from my latest venture into creating and photographing steampunk still-lifes. And later on this week... Arctic Steampunk Fashion!

1 comment:

Thank you for contributing to The Facts of Steampunk Life! Your thoughts, ideas, and questions are welcome - but please, let's keep the steampunk life we all love clean, civil, and non-commercial. For in-depth questions or interview/review/feature requests, please use the contact form on the right.