Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year, and a New Steampunk Community!

Hello, happy New Year, and welcome! This is it--the official launch of a brand-new steampunk community, The Facts of Steampunk Life!

My name is Mary Pursselley. I'm an author of fantasy and science fiction as well as steampunk literature, but to be honest the steampunk genre has a much bigger influence on my lifestyle as a whole than any of the other genres I have interest in. I love the endless possibilities for exploration and expansion that steampunk offers. I love the historical origins of the genre, and pillars of culture that it's built on. I love the fashion and gadgetry. Ask my family--I'm a steampunk nerd to the core.
The concept for The Facts of Steampunk Life came pretty much out of nowhere for me, and only a few days ago at that. While part of me (the rational, intelligent part, no doubt) was saying "You need more time! This idea is half-baked! You've got to think about this more before you do it!", another part of me had a feeling that the pieces would all fall into place and that everything would work out just fine. After all, when it comes to steampunk, I am anything but short on ideas.
So, ready, half-baked, foolhardy, or not, I started putting things together to launch The Facts of Steampunk Life. As I worked I noticed that, sure enough, the pieces were falling into place and the ideas were coming rapid-fire. I actually kind of felt like I had more ideas than I knew what to do with.
And that's when it occurred to me that other steampunk enthusiasts out there have ideas they want to share with people, too, but may not necessarily have an outlet for sharing them.
That's part of my vision for The Facts of Steampunk Life--I want it to be a place where steampunk enthusiasts can not only get new ideas and inspiration to fuel their passion, but also share their own ideas and let others be inspired by their creativity. If you're interested in being a contributor to the community, check out the "Contribute" page. I look forward to hearing from you!
For more information about my goals and plans for the community in general, check out the FAQ page and the What are the Facts? page.
Also be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel and follow The Facts of Steampunk Life on Pinterest.
There's a lot coming up--reviews of steampunk books and movies old and new, interviews with authors and artists whose talents tend towards the steampunk, costume and accessory tutorials, steampunk recipes (yes, there is such a thing), essays and articles on topics pertaining to the steampunk life, and more. So be sure to stick around. It promises to be a fun ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contributing to The Facts of Steampunk Life! Your thoughts, ideas, and questions are welcome - but please, let's keep the steampunk life we all love clean, civil, and non-commercial. For in-depth questions or interview/review/feature requests, please use the contact form on the right.